Apply for Internships & Scholarships
Winter Internship Program
The Coalition offers an intensive volunteer internship program for college and university undergraduates during their Winter Break—coinciding with Human Trafficking Prevention Month—to create a live event. For further information, contact email@example.com.
Please check back in September for our new application for Winter 2022/23.
NJCAHT Winter Internship
We hope you will join us during your Winter Break!
Our 2019 interns worked to put together a live stream an event on January 11, Human Trafficking Awareness Day.
Our 2018 interns created a video PSA entitled: "How NJ is Battling Human Trafficking.”
Our 2017 interns was to work with local mayors to encourage towns to post PSAs on their municipal websites during Human Trafficking Awareness Month
The Coalition Scholarship Program
The NJCAHT has a rolling scholarship program that awards scholarships to eligible applicants on a quarterly basis.
Eligible applicants must be:
- A current high school senior attending a college, university, or technical school for Fall semester
- A current college student attending a college or university
- A survivor of human trafficking who is pursuing their GED or continuing education
- All recipients must be New Jersey based.
Deadlines are as follow: March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31
For more information, read our Guidelines and Priorities below, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This program is open to New Jersey-based trafficking survivors (sex or labor trafficked survivors of all genders) as well as graduating high school seniors and current college students with a strong record of advocating for human rights and standing against human trafficking.
- An essay is required (2 pages double spaced) reflecting upon and articulating how their education and future career goals will contribute to raising awareness/prevention of human trafficking, or survivor applicants may write about their hopes for the future after experiencing trafficking.
- A letter of recommendation is required from an educator or community leader familiar with the applicant's status as a trafficking survivor or familiar with the applicant’s experience in human rights and/or human trafficking advocacy and character.
- Online applications are accepted and awarded on a quarterly basis due March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31.
- Late applications are not accepted. Applications will be reviewed, and recipients will be selected by a committee of NJCAHT members. Scholarships will be awarded in the month following the application deadline.