Date | Oct 22, 2022 Time | RECORDED FOR REGISTERED ATTENDEES Location | ONLINE
The New Jersey Coalition Against Human Trafficking, in collaboration with Saint Elizabeth University and the New Jersey State Society of Physician Assistants, presents an innovative and survivor inclusive virtual Healthcare Conference: What Makes a Safer NJ? You do! A Trauma Responsive Approach
The conference will include peer-lead workshops on creating safety and community, in order to identify and respond to suspected human trafficking. It is aimed at everyone working in healthcare, from support staff to clinicians, as well as interested community members. Together we will re-define what safety and support means in our communities through a day that promotes diversity and respect for all walks of life.
For those who need them, we have been approved to offer nursing and CME professional development credits for all plenary and workshop sessions, and CHES credits for our workshops. These credits are included in the $25 registration fee.
- Survivor-led presentations
- Supporting transgender survivors
- Racial disparities in healthcare
- The intersection of human trafficking and individuals with disabilities
- Real self-care for healthcare employees
The NJ Coalition Against Human Trafficking is grateful for the sponsorship it has received to be able to offer our one-day virtual Healthcare Conference on October 22.
The conference was made possible by an initial grant from:
- Capital Health’s Capital Women in Philanthropy.
Other generous sponsors include:
- Gold Sponsor: Atlantic Health System
- Silver Sponsor: RWJBarnabas Health
- Bronze Sponsors:
- Bergen New Bridge Medical Center
- Montclair State University – College of Humanities & Social Sciences
- New Beginnings OB/GYN
- Rutgers – School of Nursing – Camden
- The Honey Bee Foundation
Read our Press Release HERE